[Histonet] Need Advice on Low Temp Tissue Processing

Sean McBride smcbride <@t> cs.cmu.edu
Wed Mar 11 11:30:10 CDT 2009

Hi folks,

I have a rabbit cranial defect study in which the implant material is
sensitive to 100% ethanol at temperatures > 20*C.  As I cannot use my my
Sakura tissue processor for the specimens (min operating temp=35*C), I plan
to process them by hand @ 4*C in a cold room.  My intuition tells me that at
lower temperatures, the processing times in each solution should be extended
by a percentage, but by how much, I have not an idea.  Does anyone have any
experience or ideas with regards to low temperature tissue processing times?

Best regards,

~Sean McBride

Bone Tissue Engineering Center
Carnegie Mellon Research Institute