[Histonet] histological stain for pancreatic beta cells

Geoff McAuliffe mcauliff <@t> umdnj.edu
Wed Mar 11 08:49:19 CDT 2009

Aldehyde fuchsin! Much simpler than Mallory Azan and very specific. You
will need paraldehyde, a controlled substance, to make this stain.
Alternatively, you can use acetaldehyde but you will need to triple the
amount to get the molar equivalents correct. See "Staining properties of
Aldehyde fuchsin analogues" by Buehner, Nettleton and Longley, J.
Histochem. Cytochem.
27(3):782-787, 1979.

Geoff

--