[Histonet] metal molds vs. disposable molds

Weems, Joyce JWeems <@t> sjha.org
Tue Mar 10 11:59:06 CDT 2009

And if you let the water cool, the paraffin will harden and you discard
it without pouring down the drain...

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Merced
Leiker
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 12:22 PM
To: Sharon Campbell; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] metal molds vs. disposable molds

I like my metal molds. They are neat, you get even heat transfer, and
are easy to clean when they need it. I clean them by tossing them in
some boiling water with an excess of cleaning powder (Alconox or
Sparkleen) or any detergent you have on hand (make sure it doesn't get
too bubbly and froth over though). Then I rinse them under hot top
water, spread on paper towels to dry, spray with mold release, and stack
in the oven.

Merced

--On Tuesday, March 10, 2009 11:55 AM -0400 Sharon Campbell
<SharonC <@t> celligent.net> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> We have a debate going on about purchasing metal molds vs. disposable
> plastic molds. Which is better? Is the cost better in the long run to
> buy metal? Also, how does everyone clean their metal molds?
>
> Thanks
>

> Sharon Campbell, HTL(ASCP)CM, BSBM
>
> Histology Supervisor
>
> Celligent Diagnostics, LLC
>
> Formerly Pathology Associates Services
>
> 101 East W.T. Harris Blvd, Suite 1212
>
> Charlotte, NC  28262
>
> 800-524-6779 ext. 104
>
> 704-970-3304 Direct Line
>
> sharonc <@t> celligent.net

Merced M Leiker
Research Technician II
354 Biomedical Research Building
School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences State University of New York
at Buffalo
3435 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14214
Ph: (716) 829-6033
Fx: (716) 829-2725

No trees were harmed in the sending of this email.
However, many electrons were severely inconvenienced.

Confidentiality Notice:
This email, including any attachments is the
property of Catholic Health East and is intended
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
It may contain information that is privileged and
confidential.  Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please reply to the
sender that you have received the message in
error, then delete this message.