[Histonet] (no subject)

Va Paula Sicurello vapatpxs <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Mar 5 13:09:10 CST 2009

I worked for a hospital that ran 3 shifts.  I worked 2:00pm to 10:30pm.  Others came in at 4:00am and began the embedding process, once the people who started work at between 7:00 and 8:00am arrived the blocks were ready to go.

We had one person who came in at 11:00pm and worked solely on the small samples, GI biopsies, etc.

I batted clean-up and finished off anything left over from the day shift.  Usually recuts, deepers and a variety of specials.  I also did the histology for the research samples that caem in but they had lower priority.  I also loaded all the processors and checked to make sure that the baskets were properly loaded and were in numeric order.

The 11:00pm person burned out and they went back to the 3 shifts.  then I left and they went back to 2 shifts, early morning and regular days.

The Pathologists loved it when we had 3 shifts but when I left no one took over the clean-up shift.

Paula Sicurello
VA Medical Center San Diego
Veterans Medical Research Foundation (VMRF)
Core Microscope Facility, room B141
3350 La Jolla Village Dr., MC151
San Diego, CA 92161
858-552-8585 x2397