[Histonet] re: staining of elastic fibers

Matthew T Close mtc205 <@t> Lehigh.EDU
Thu Mar 5 12:43:40 CST 2009

   Weihua,

      I  prefer iron gallein elastin stain because it is    make and use and gives good contrast compared with some of t   techniques.  The  recipes  and protocol can be found in Humanson's An   imal  Tissue  Techniques  (in  addition  to  many  other  histological
   techniques  t   (please  email and I wil   black  with  gallein,  nucle   dark  blue-black.   Differentiat   the  counterstain  is your personal choi   saturated  picric  acid  is  typically  used with g   gallein  itself  is  hardest to find, but can currently be p   from  Fisher  Scientific,  Spectrum Chemical, or ArtChemicals.com.&nb   sp;  I believe that spectrum has it cheapest, and I would buy at least
   25g i
   Sincerament
   Matt Close

   -------   Matthew T. Close