[Histonet] distilled water

Bonner, Janet Janet.Bonner <@t> FLHOSP.ORG
Tue Mar 3 14:33:45 CST 2009

Try laying a glass slide down in the bottom of the waterbath after you swish the existing bubbles off the sides and bottom of the bath....watch the bubbles behave!
           No  - I don't know why.
            Janet

Janet L. Bonner, HTL (ASCP)
Pathology Laboratory

________________________________

From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu on behalf of louise renton
Sent: Tue 3/3/2009 2:10 AM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] distilled water

Dear Kirsten

I've tried both, and find that tap water (presumably from all the aeration
in the pipes) makes bubbles on the side of the bath that are ALWAYS released
when you are cuting difficult section like lymph node or spleen.Of course
you can tap the water bath to release the bubbles, but it looks a bit
strange to be seen giving your unsuspecting bath a smart rap every so often.

So, my 2c (recesion adjusted) worth - use dist H2O.

On 3/2/09, kristen arvidson <arvidsonkristen <@t> yahoo.com> wrote:

> Are most people using distilled water in the water baths?

The information contained in this message may be privileged and/or confidential
and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this
message and deleting the material from any computer.