[Histonet] Good Perfusion...

Jo Dee Fish jfish <@t> gladstone.ucsf.edu
Tue Jun 30 13:37:07 CDT 2009

Dear Jerry and histonetters,

I don't believe this is unethical or illegal.  It is written into our IACUC
approved protocols as follows:

Chemical Method of Euthanasia:  "Perfusion under general anesthesia, Avertin
or Halothane induced.  Bilateral thoracotomy."

Could it only be forbidden by your facility?

I wonder if other facilities have rules against such things.  But we insist
that our investigators use perfusion under anesthsia because the deeper
tissues are much better fixed and blood removal is more thorough and
complete by this method.

Jo Dee

~~Jo Dee Fish~~
Senior Research Technologist
The J. David Gladstone Institutes
Co-manager Histology and Microscopy Core

Telephone: (415) 734-2567
Fax: (415) 355-0824
E-mail: jfish <@t> gladstone.ucsf.edu

Mailing address: