[Histonet] Budget Microarray

O'Donnell, Bill billodonnell <@t> catholichealth.net
Thu Jun 25 15:50:44 CDT 2009

Good day Histonetters,

A few weeks back, I posted that I had a method for making a tissue
microarray on the cheap. I have received a lot of requests for how I do
this. I wanted to write it up because, even though it is pretty easy to
do, it is difficult to describe.

Also, keep in mind that I designed this with control blocks in mind, so,
yes, they do not have 100 tissues, but I suppose it would still work
with 100 if you had the patience for it. I've done as high as 30 now in
a block that will fit in the red control square of the slide.

So...I made a PowerPoint on how to do it (and I also posted a PDF of the
PowerPoint in case of compatability issues) and posted them at this
address:

http://highperformancehistology.yolasite.com/
<http://highperformancehistology.yolasite.com/>

With your indulgence I will re-post a few times in the next couple of
weeks so that those who contacted me won't miss out. (I suppose I could
have saved all those addresses...ah, the wonder of hindsight!)

William (Bill) O'Donnell, HT (ASCP) QIHC

Lead Histologist Good Samaritan Hospital

10 East 31st Street Kearney, NE 68847