[Histonet] Leica CV5030

Bonner, Janet Janet.Bonner <@t> FLHOSP.ORG
Tue Jun 23 11:06:46 CDT 2009

Leica recommends using the xylene-based coverslipping media, although it is more costly than the Toluene-based coverslipping media.  So we used the toluene-based media and had some problems with the needle clogging up, but then we are a 24/7 lab with nearly 2000 slides per 24 hours!
    We absolutely love these coverslippers.  We do use specialized coverglass. But it's like a truck:  If you can't afford the gas, don't buy the truck!
                 Janet

________________________________

From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu on behalf of Patsy Ruegg
Sent: Mon 6/22/2009 3:53 PM
To: 'Histonet'
Subject: [Histonet] Leica CV5030

I am looking for experiences with this coverslipper from Leica CV5030 model,
good or bad.

Thank you,

Patsy

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech, LLC
Fitzsimmons BioScience Park
12635 Montview Blvd. Suite 215
Aurora, CO 80010
P-720-859-4060
F-720-859-4110
wk email pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
web site www.ihctech.net

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the Person(s)
('the intended recipient') to whom it was addressed. Any views or opinions
presented are solely those of the author. It may contain information that is
privileged & confidential within the meaning of applicable law. Accordingly
any dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message, or
any of its contents, by any person other than the intended recipient may
constitute a breach of civil or criminal law and is strictly prohibited. If
you are NOT the intended recipient please contact the sender and dispose of
this e-mail as soon as possible.

The information contained in this message may be privileged and/or confidential
and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this
message and deleting the material from any computer.