[Histonet] Equipment Insurance?

Ford Royer froyer <@t> bitstream.net
Thu Jun 11 09:40:13 CDT 2009

Whenever you are having equipment moved, always insure it (with the mover)
for its full replacement cost.  Talk with the moving company that will be
doing the work and secure insurance from them to cover the cost of the
equipment. If they are unable or unwilling to provide coverage for the
dollar amount that you are asking, you might want to look to a different
moving company. The national companies... United Van, Mayflower, Allied,
Bekins, etc... can provide this coverage.  It will add to the cost of the
move, but it is well worth it. It would also be helpful to speak with the
insurance agent that carries the insurance on your building for their

Ford M. Royer
Minnesota Medical, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Breeden,
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2009 9:15 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Equipment Insurance?

In preparation for our move to a new building (YAHOO!), the question of
insurance has arisen its ugly head.    I have to assume here that the
movers have coverage but details are being confirmed.  I have a mental
picture of my ASP300 rolling off the moving truck and missing the ramp
and ending up... well, you get the picture.  Do your labs/facilities
carry insurance on equipment?  Not just for moving, but for fire, flood
and the other usual disasters?  I admit to being a Lab Equipment
Insurance Virgin J


Sally Breeden, HT(ASCP)

NM Dept. of Agriculture

Veterinary Diagnostic Services

PO Box 4700

Albuquerque, NM  87106



Histonet mailing list
Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

More information about the Histonet mailing list