[Histonet] microtome calibration

Paul Firnschild Paul <@t> Firnschild.com
Wed Jun 3 13:50:48 CDT 2009

Diane:

I provide microtome service calibration etc.  Please email me if I can be of
service.  References upon request.

Paul <@t> Firnschild.com

Paul

Paul M. Firnschild
QA Support Services, Inc.
404.291.3715

-----Original Message-----
From: Dianne Holmes [mailto:dholmes <@t> anatomy.umsmed.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 5:44 PM
To: Histonet
Subject: [Histonet] microtome calibration

Has anyone had problems with the calibration of an A/O Spencer sliding
microtome?  I have used this one for years and now I am getting 'thick-thin'
sections?  I thought maybe the accumulation of oils in the mechanics of it
have slowed things down.  Can WD40 be applied without adverse effects?  I
certainly would not attempt opening up all the gears!!  Any suggestions
would be appreciated or if a medical equipment repairman is reading this - I
really need this thing fixed.

Individuals who have received this information in error or are not
authorized to receive it must promptly return or dispose of the information
and notify the sender. Those individuals are hereby notified that they are
strictly prohibited from reviewing, forwarding, printing, copying,
distributing or using this information in any way.