[Histonet] NSH QC Committee - Call for Information

WILLIAM DESALVO wdesalvo.cac <@t> hotmail.com
Tue Jun 2 22:45:28 CDT 2009

I am looking for individuals to share their experience with Process Improvement in the Histology Lab. This year at the NSH Symposium/Convention, I would like to post information/examples/posters at the Committee table to help attendees better understand the successes possible and the difficulties faced when LEAN/SIX SIGMA/Total Quality Management tools and principles are applied to a Histology Lab. Additionally, I would like to create a resource group centered on the subject of Process Improvement in Histology and hopefully better understand the level of involvement and how many labs are using the tools to develop their workload/workflow and/or reduce defects/errors. Whatever your level of involvement or experience, I would appreciate hearing from you. Individuals working for Vendor companies are welcome to respond and participate.

If you are interested in sharing your experience, please contact me using the e-mail listed below or at the NSH.org site/office. Thanks for your consideration of this request and I hope to see many of you at the convention in October.

William DeSalvo, BS, HTL(ASCP)
Committee Chair, NSH QC Committee
wdesalvo.cac <@t> hotmail.com