[Histonet] Please Help!

Stacey Barrick barrickstacey <@t> yahoo.com
Fri Jul 31 14:28:11 CDT 2009

You might have some luck trying this -
Wipe out the cryostat with a dryer sheet to remove the static. This trick works for me alot. Sometimes you need to repeat it a few times during cutting. Wiping the cold plate withthe dryer sheet works wonders for me!

Good Luck!!
Stacey

--- On Fri, 7/31/09, DELIA GARCIA <deliadfam <@t> yahoo.com> wrote:

From: DELIA GARCIA <deliadfam <@t> yahoo.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Please Help!
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Friday, July 31, 2009, 2:41 PM

Hello,

I am in dire need of some suggestions. I work for a Derm lab and we occasionally get fresh skin punches that we freeze to do FITC (immunoflouresence). I have a really hard tiime keeping the tissue from curling makeing almost impossible to get a decent section on the slide. Anyone out there that might have experienced the same thing I would love to learn your techniques that overcame this problem. I have tried lightly blowing, freeze spraying, and lightly brushing acetone on the cold plate (not all at the same time). Nothing seems to ease it up. PLEASE HELP! I have one in the cryostat now. Thank you so very much.

Delia