[Histonet] IHC free floating sections

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Fri Jul 31 07:58:39 CDT 2009

You can do it, I have done it, BUT you will have to wash very well the well (no pun intended) to make sure that there are no cross-reactions.
René J.

--- On Fri, 7/31/09, Michael Patrick <mpatrick00 <@t> hotmail.com> wrote:

From: Michael Patrick <mpatrick00 <@t> hotmail.com>
Subject: [Histonet] IHC free floating sections
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Friday, July 31, 2009, 3:14 AM

I would like to stain free floating sections (fixed rat brain; 50um). Is it necessary to transfer sections to "clean" culture wells with a paint brush every time I wash or incubate with antibodies? I find this causes significant damage to my tissue (especially since I do a lot of washes etc.). Could I simply use a pipette to draw out the old solution and then replace with the appropriate solution? What do most people do in these situations?

Much thanks

Mike