[Histonet] Razors for dissection

jstaruk jstaruk <@t> masshistology.com
Mon Jul 27 14:01:38 CDT 2009

Pathco offers a handle and 2' double-edged blade.  The blades are the exact
same as "carpet" blades found at Home Depot ($16/100).

Jim

_______________________
James E. Staruk HT(ASCP)
 www.masshistology.com
   www.nehorselabs.com

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Vande Berg,
Mariah
Sent: Monday, July 27, 2009 1:16 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Razors for dissection

Hi

We are looking for razor blades to be used in specimen dissection.  The
tissue is frozen and will be cut by hand.  So the blade is like a long
straight razor with a ridge along the back that is rounded.  The length I
believe is 2".  It will be used in a research lab.  If anyone has any info
or descriptions please let me know.  Thanks so much!

Mariah Vande Berg, HT ASCP
Children's Hospital of WI