[Histonet] Razors for dissection

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Jul 27 12:22:34 CDT 2009

Some types of very similar one-edge razor can be bought at any office supplies store, cheaper than at any medical supplier.
René J.

--- On Mon, 7/27/09, Vande Berg, Mariah <MVandeBerg <@t> chw.org> wrote:

From: Vande Berg, Mariah <MVandeBerg <@t> chw.org>
Subject: [Histonet] Razors for dissection
To: "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Date: Monday, July 27, 2009, 1:15 PM

Hi

We are looking for razor blades to be used in specimen dissection.  The tissue is frozen and will be cut by hand.  So the blade is like a long straight razor with a ridge along the back that is rounded.  The length I believe is 2".  It will be used in a research lab.  If anyone has any info or descriptions please let me know.  Thanks so much!

Mariah Vande Berg, HT ASCP
Children's Hospital of WI