[Histonet] alarms on all the machines

Merced M Leiker leiker <@t> buffalo.edu
Fri Jul 24 08:19:49 CDT 2009

I agree. We also have the problem with timers in our lab. Someone's goes
off and we try to figure out whose it is. Couldn't they make ringtones for
timers? :-)

--On Thursday, July 23, 2009 8:54 PM -0700 connie grubaugh
<conniegrubaugh <@t> hotmail.com> wrote:

> The other day just about every machine in the lab decided to beep and
> alarm all at the same time. They all sound the same!!!  The stainers in
> histo and cyto.  The processors that they were done cleaning.  The alarms
> on the freezers ( been open too long)
>
> Both of the Venatana IHC machines and special stain timers.  Plus there
> was a truck backing up to the door to unload something and it to was
> beeping.  So we were wondering since cell phones have all types of
> different rings and tones to them couldn't someone change the beeping to
> something else or give us a choice.
>
> Everyone decided that I should post this on the histo net to see what
> everyone else thought or maybe you guys that design these machines (yes
> they are all wonderfull) but gives us some more sound options.  Just a
> thought! Okay, so what does everyone think about this?
>

> Connie

Merced M Leiker
Research Technician II
Cardiovascular Medicine
348 Biomedical Research Building
State University of New York at Buffalo
3435 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14214  USA
leiker <@t> buffalo.edu
716-829-6118 (Ph)
716-829-2665 (Fx)

No trees were harmed in the sending of this email.
However, many electrons were severely inconvenienced.