[Histonet] immuno staining

Cathy cfitz <@t> telus.net
Sun Jul 19 22:11:10 CDT 2009

We were having a similar issue with our IHC staining on the Ventana
Benchmark Classic.  We were able to track the problem down to the slides. We
never found out what was wrong with the slides but as soon as we changed lot
numbers the staining issue cleared up.  We were able to track down the
problem with the assistance of our Ventana technical rep.  Through her we
were able to find out that several institutions across Canada were
experiencing similar staining problems.  We were all using the same lot
number of slides.  She also informed me that there was one manufacturer of
the plus slides and they were sold under multiple vendors.
Good luck with tracking down your problem.

Cathy Fitzpatrick
Anatomic Pathology Section Head
Kelowna General Hospital
Kelowna, British Columbia
Canada

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Jacobs,
Genie
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2009 5:18 AM
To: 'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'
Subject: [Histonet] immuno staining

We use Premiere Charged Slides purchased from Cardinal and/or Mercedes for
our immuno stains.  We recently purchased the Ventana Ultra and really like
it. We dual mount the control  and patient.  We have recently had several
cases where the control was positive but the patient was not.  We repeated
the stain and the patient was positive the second time.   We have had issues
with washing but have increased the time in the oven  Has anyone else had
this problem  We don't have a lot of variables that are different  Thanks
for any input

The information contained in this message and any attachments is intended
only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and
may contain information that is PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
are prohibited from copying, distributing, or using the information.  Please
contact the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the original
message from your system.