[Histonet] Quality Stuff

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Jul 16 16:47:23 CDT 2009

There are no acceptable "standards" for mistakes. The present tendency of implementing the "6σ method" in the lab is to precisely eliminate mistakes, not to set an "acceptable" limit.
René J.

--- On Thu, 7/16/09, kristen arvidson <arvidsonkristen <@t> yahoo.com> wrote:

From: kristen arvidson <arvidsonkristen <@t> yahoo.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Quality Stuff
To: "histonet" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Date: Thursday, July 16, 2009, 5:14 PM

Hello,
I work in a derm lab and we do all the grossing.  We hand write on all of our blocks and slides, so you can imagine we have mislabelings from time-to-time.  I was wondering if other labs have acceptable limits set for errors such as these, and if so what are they like? I am working on setting standards and corrective actions for errors in the lab.  Thank you for any input.