[Histonet] Quality Stuff

Mike Pence mpence <@t> grhs.net
Thu Jul 16 16:21:00 CDT 2009

There is NO margin of error acceptable in mislabeling blocks or slides. I expect 100% compliance with this in my department. When you have like specimens all day like derm, you cannot make labeling errors.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of kristen arvidson
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2009 4:15 PM
To: histonet
Subject: [Histonet] Quality Stuff

Hello,
I work in a derm lab and we do all the grossing.  We hand write on all of our blocks and slides, so you can imagine we have mislabelings from time-to-time.  I was wondering if other labs have acceptable limits set for errors such as these, and if so what are they like? I am working on setting standards and corrective actions for errors in the lab.  Thank you for any input.