[Histonet] Do not assume you would not get hired without an ASCP

Madary, Joseph MadaryJ <@t> MedImmune.com
Wed Jul 15 12:15:41 CDT 2009

Depending on where you want to work, to say you would likely not get
hired without an ASCP certification is just not true.  If you look at
most CRO's, reference labs, pharmaceutical, biotechs, start ups and even
the occasional hospital you will find thousands of folks who are working
as high level managers without an ASCP certification.  Why are we back
on this topic again?  Lee Luna who I knew personally as many of you did
most of his work well before he ever sat for the HT, and he was the top
histologist at AFIP, not to mention a pioneer in the field.  I just
think we Americans should be given more credit that we would and do in
fact hire experienced people and hold experience in higher regard than
the certification.  Deep down we all know that is true.

Nick Madary, HT/HTL(ASCP)QIHC

Histology Mgr, Medimmune

301.398.6360(lab), 4745(vm),9745(fax)

"To the extent this electronic communication or any of its attachments
contain information that is not in the public domain, such information
is considered by MedImmune to be confidential and proprietary, and
expected to be used only by the individual(s) for whom it is intended.
If you have received this electronic communication in error, please
reply to the sender advising of the error in transmission and delete the
original message and any accompanying documents from your system
immediately, without copying, reviewing or otherwise using them for any
purpose.  Thank you for your cooperation."

To the extent this electronic communication or any of its attachments contain information that is not in the public domain, such information is considered by MedImmune to be confidential and proprietary.  This communication is expected to be read and/or used only by the individual(s) for whom it is intended.  If you have received this electronic communication in error, please reply to the sender advising of the error in transmission and delete the original message and any accompanying documents from your system immediately, without copying, reviewing or otherwise using them for any purpose.  Thank you for your cooperation.