[Histonet] RE: What percent of HTL's do not have a BS degree?

Jessica Snay Jessica.Snay <@t> mpiresearch.com
Mon Jul 13 13:57:48 CDT 2009

I agree!

Jessica Snay, B.S., HTL (ASCP)
MPI Research
Group Leader, Histology
269-668-3336 x1759, LS-22
-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Maria
Katleba
Sent: Monday, July 13, 2009 2:44 PM
To: Blazek, Linda; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] RE: What percent of HTL's do not have a BS degree?

You would want to hire an HTL if you were going to groom them to be a
manager.  Wouldn't you want to have a person with a BS at minimum to run
the department???

There is something to be said about an educated employee.  Also, most
hospitals 'require' a BS at minimum for any supervisor or management
position. That's how you stay competitive.

Experience is great, but getting a degree says a lot about a person,
especially in today's economy!