[Histonet] Re: Eosin in alcohol

Mark Tarango marktarango <@t> gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 13:39:53 CDT 2009

I think they are probably getting weak unwanted staining with P504s/AMACR
antibody on benign glands on their PIN4s.

Since this antibody is usually pink/red, it sounds like someone might have
decided that the unwanted color came from eosin in the processor, but this
would be the wrong conclusion.  Eosin washes out.

Mark Tarango HT(ASCP)QIHC