[Histonet] Sectioning on different microtomes

Bartlett, Jeanine (CDC/CCID/NCZVED) jqb7 <@t> cdc.gov
Sat Jan 24 18:00:22 CST 2009

I simply align my block holder to match up with the block.  We get many outside blocks so I have learned to be pretty good at this.

________________________________

From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu on behalf of kristen arvidson
Sent: Sat 1/24/2009 7:11 AM
To: histonet
Subject: [Histonet] Sectioning on different microtomes

How are people lining up the microtomes so they cut in approximately the plane.  I use the old fashioned "test paraffin block" method but it just seems so time consuming and it doesn't always yield the best results especially if you are having techs line up there own.  Our paths have complained about recuts being too deep.  HELP!!!
Kristen