[Histonet] Sectioning on different microtomes

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Sat Jan 24 10:04:08 CST 2009

Meet with your techs and ask about which angle they prefer and why. Get to a consensus about a "compromise angle" they all can agree with and IMPLEMENT the angle. Put it in the SOP and check that everybody complies.
René J.

--- On Sat, 1/24/09, kristen arvidson <arvidsonkristen <@t> yahoo.com> wrote:

From: kristen arvidson <arvidsonkristen <@t> yahoo.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Sectioning on different microtomes
To: "histonet" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Date: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 7:11 AM

How are people lining up the microtomes so they cut in approximately the
plane.  I use the old fashioned "test paraffin block" method but it
just seems so time consuming and it doesn't always yield the best results
especially if you are having techs line up there own.  Our paths have
complained about recuts being too deep.  HELP!!!
Kristen