AW: [Histonet] Starfrost slides

Gudrun Lang gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Thu Jan 22 15:08:44 CST 2009

One time we tried FISH on a cellsuspension dropped on a superfrost slide. It
was airdried. In the fluorescence microscope the nuclei were surrounded with
strong fluorescence. In another trial we heated the slides before FISH and
the slide was more or less clear.
I concluded, that the reagens on the slide surface must be altered through
the heat.
Just a single experience.
Gudrun

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] Im Auftrag von Nancy
Lemke
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 22. Jänner 2009 20:56
An: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Betreff: [Histonet] Starfrost slides

Has anyone using Starfrost slides (7255) from Mercedes had any problems with
autofluoresence when doing IF?
Thanks in advance.
Nancy Lemke
Research Coordinator
Hermelin Brain Tumor Center
Henry Ford Hospital
Detroit

==
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email contains information from the sender that
may be CONFIDENTIAL, LEGALLY PRIVILEGED, PROPRIETARY or otherwise protected
from disclosure. This email is intended for use only by the person or entity
to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any use,
disclosure, copying, distribution, printing, or any action taken in reliance
on the contents of this email, is strictly prohibited. If you received this
email in error, please contact the sending party by reply email, delete the
email from your computer system and shred any paper copies.

Note to Patients: There are a number of risks you should consider before
using e-mail to communicate with us. See our Privacy Policy and Henry Ford
My Health at www.henryford.com for more detailed information. If you do not
believe that our policy gives you the privacy and security protection you
need, do not send e-mail or Internet communications to us.