[Histonet] Auto-IHC Staining Issues

Greg Dobbin gvdobbin <@t> ihis.org
Wed Jan 21 19:04:57 CST 2009

Hi Paula,
You really have to tell us which instrument you are using to get a
concise answer. Other details like how the slides are dewaxed for
instance would also definately help.
Regards,
Greg

Greg Dobbin, R.T.
Chief Technologist, Anatomic Pathology
Dept. of Laboratory Medicine,
Queen Elizabeth Hospital,
P.O. Box 6600
Charlottetown, PE    C1A 8T5
Phone: (902) 894-2337
Fax: (902) 894-2385

"I find that the harder I work, the
more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson

>>> Paula Lucas <plucas <@t> biopath.org> 01/21/09 8:04 PM >>>
Hello,

I've been having a problem with the staining quality from an auto-IHC
stainer and I was wondering if any of you experience the same thing.

I notice sometimes that the staining in the tissue isn't complete, like
there are areas where the fluid (one or more of the steps involved)
didn't get in contact with the tissue, thus resulting in patchy, skipped
staining.

I'm thinking that this must be a dispensing problem.

Is this a general thing with all auto stainers - ones like DAKO or Lab
Vision's stainer or Biocare Medical's stainer?  These stainers dispense
fluid onto the slide.

I hope this explains things and I really hope that I can get some
feedback.  It's getting very frustrating.

Thanks in advance,
Paula Lucas
Lab Manager
Bio-Path Medical Group
Fountain Valley, CA

Statement of Confidentiality
This message (including attachments) may contain confidential or privileged information intended for a specific individual or organization. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email, and should promptly delete this email from your entire computer system.

D?claration de confidentialit?
Le pr?sent message (y compris les annexes) peut contenir des renseignements confidentiels ? l'intention d'une personne ou d'un organisme particulier. Si vous avez re?u la pr?sente communication par erreur, veuillez en informer l'exp?diteur imm?diatement. Si vous n'?tes pas le destinataire pr?vu, vous n'avez pas le droit d'utiliser, divulguer, distribuer, copier ou imprimer ce courriel ou encore de vous en servir, et vous devriez l'effacer imm?diatement de votre syst?me informatique.