[Histonet] Auto-IHC Staining Issues

Paula Lucas plucas <@t> biopath.org
Wed Jan 21 18:04:09 CST 2009

Hello,

I've been having a problem with the staining quality from an auto-IHC stainer and I was wondering if any of you experience the same thing.

I notice sometimes that the staining in the tissue isn't complete, like there are areas where the fluid (one or more of the steps involved) didn't get in contact with the tissue, thus resulting in patchy, skipped staining.

I'm thinking that this must be a dispensing problem.

Is this a general thing with all auto stainers - ones like DAKO or Lab Vision's stainer or Biocare Medical's stainer?  These stainers dispense fluid onto the slide.

I hope this explains things and I really hope that I can get some feedback.  It's getting very frustrating.

Thanks in advance,
Paula Lucas
Lab Manager
Bio-Path Medical Group