[Histonet] Coverslippers

Bartlett, Jeanine (CDC/CCID/NCZVED) jqb7 <@t> cdc.gov
Sat Jan 17 15:02:17 CST 2009

We prefer the glass coverslippers and currently have a Leica CV5030 and have had no problems.  We have just purchased the Sakura glass coverslipper as well.  It has not yet been installed but I have heard very good things about it.

________________________________

From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu on behalf of Knutson, Deanne
Sent: Sat 1/17/2009 3:47 PM
To: 'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'
Subject: [Histonet] Coverslippers

Our lab is interested in purchasing a coverslipping instrument and would
like to hear from the rest of you on what type is a good one to purchase?
Also, what are the pros and cons on glass coverslips vs plastic coverslips
vs film for coverslips.  Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge on
this topic.

Deanne Knutson   HTL,MT (ASCP)
Anatomic Pathology Supervisor
St. Alexius Medical Center