[Histonet] staining rat tissue with monoclonal antibody?

Eva Permaul eca9 <@t> georgetown.edu
Wed Jan 14 13:55:48 CST 2009

Good afternoon.
I just had someone ask me about staining rat tissue using an monoclonal
(mouse) antibody. I have never done this before and so was wondering if
there is anything in particular I need to keep in mind. Does mouse
antibodies cause a problem when staining rat tissues? Do I have to use a
specific kit or specific secondary antibody? Can I use a biotinylated
goat-anti-mouse secondary followed by ABC?
Thanks for your help,
Eva