[Histonet] Time & temp in oven prior to IHCs ?

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Jan 14 10:21:23 CST 2009

Your drying time seems correct so you should look into other possible causes, like the infiltration or processing times.
René J.

--- On Tue, 1/13/09, sheila adey <sheila_adey <@t> hotmail.com> wrote:

From: sheila adey <sheila_adey <@t> hotmail.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Time & temp in oven prior to IHCs ?
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Tuesday, January 13, 2009, 1:17 PM

Good afternoon Netters,

Our prostate core biopsies have been "floating" off during the IHCs.
We are wondering how long other institutions are drying the slides prior to
going to water?
We typically dry for 25 min at 65 degrees and we use charged slides.
These slides are retrieved in the microwave.

Thanks in advance for your input. :)Sheila Adey HT MLT Port Huron Hospital
Michigan