[Histonet] Dental Histology.

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Jan 8 08:23:49 CST 2009

Hi Ian:
The Boedecker's fluid (1937) is considered as very good for enamel.
It consists of
methanol (100 mL) + celloidin (6 mL) + nitric acid (4.5 mL) and it is reported to work well.
Regards
René J.

--- On Thu, 1/8/09, Ian Montgomery <ian.montgomery <@t> bio.gla.ac.uk> wrote:

From: Ian Montgomery <ian.montgomery <@t> bio.gla.ac.uk>
Subject: [Histonet] Dental Histology.
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Thursday, January 8, 2009, 7:11 AM

            I now find myself, after many years away, coming back to dental
histology so need a bit of advice on current techniques. Ground sections, I
still have the technique. Fully mineralized, embed in resin and section
using a tungsten carbide knife. Deminerailized, here I'm not sure. I'm
going
back 30-40 years when I used formic acid but is there anything better that
is recommended?

Ian.

Dr. Ian Montgomery,

Histotechnology,