[Histonet] Poly Scientific's Oil Red O with Propylene Glycol

John Shelley jshelley <@t> burnham.org
Thu Jan 8 06:41:51 CST 2009

Hello Histonetters,

For those of you who are using this kit(k043) from Poly Scientific for Oil Red O. I'm staining heart tissue that was fixed in 4%PFA but when I look at the slides they don't appear to have any fat and I know some of them should. Any special tips on using this kit that you have found to work. For all who want to tell me of other methods that may work better, that maybe a request for any other time. Thanks in advance for any pearls of wisdom.

John J Shelley
Histology Core Facility
Burnham Institute for Medical Research