[Histonet] H-QIP - spleens

Jackie M O'Connor Jackie.O'Connor <@t> abbott.com
Tue Jan 6 12:42:20 CST 2009

OK - my question is - - what in the heck do you need to examine the ENTIRE
spleen for that would require breadloafing the whole thing for fixation?
I was in hospital histology for a couple hundred years, and as I recall in
my feeble, senility- prone years, most of the spleens that made it to
pathology were from trauma.   The only time I've ever seen pathology in a
spleen was when my dog had a primary splenic tumor (he died).  Is there
some new anomaly that happens in spleens these days that require the
entire spleen to be examined?
Just curious.