[Histonet] Recycling alcohol, xylene and formalin

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 16:14:06 CST 2009

Maray:
I am sure that you will get some advise from the colleagues, but I think that you will better off if you go to HistoNet archives where these recycling issues have been discussed previously in extenso.
I am quite surprised that your county allows sink disposal of formalin, I don't think that they have looked carefully into this issue.
René J.

--- On Mon, 1/5/09, Maray Weirauch <mweirauch <@t> crittenton.com> wrote:

From: Maray Weirauch <mweirauch <@t> crittenton.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Recycling alcohol, xylene and formalin
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Monday, January 5, 2009, 4:37 PM

Hi histonetters,

We are looking at the possibility of recycling alcohol, xylene and
formalin at our hospital.  We currently waste haul the used xylene, and
are allowed (at our quantity) to drain dispose the alcohol and
formalin.
Would anyone who is recycling these products be willing to share their
pros and cons?

Thanks in advance!
Maray