[Histonet] has anybody done SSEA-1 IHC on mouse embryo?

Mariya Peneva Dobreva Mariya.Dobreva <@t> med.kuleuven.be
Mon Feb 23 12:41:08 CST 2009

Hi everybody,

I need to perform immuno staining for SSEA-1 (stage specific embryonic
antigen 1) on sectioned early mouse embryo - E6.5. I've tried all
possible protocols and it never worked - different antigen retrievals,
different amplification systems, without amplification, different
incubation times and antibody concentrations, even different
buffers... I have or too much background, or no signal.
The epitope is on the cell surface, the primary antibody is mouse
monoclonal, and the embryos are fixed in 4% paraformaldehyde.
Any suggestions are very welcome, I just don't know what else to try!
Thanks!

--
Mariya Peneva Dobreva
VIB Department of Molecular and Developmental Genetics (VIB11)