[Histonet] how long can slides stay in water or buffer

Mariya Peneva Dobreva Mariya.Dobreva <@t> med.kuleuven.be
Mon Feb 23 12:17:30 CST 2009

Never let them air dry! The staining won't work.
They can stay in water quite some time, like hours. I even think they
can stay 2-3 days at 4 degrees, but I'm not sure...
With the buffers be careful! They can't stay in the buffers containing
permeabilyzing agent (like tween20 or triton) longer than what is said
in the protocol, otherwise you will damage the tissue/loose the
epitope. There is no problem to keep them in PBS (or TBS) longer.

--
Mariya Peneva Dobreva
VIB Department of Molecular and Developmental Genetics (VIB11)