[Histonet] Sectioning Probems, again

Va Paula Sicurello vapatpxs <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Feb 17 17:29:58 CST 2009

Hello Listers,

I have embedded mouse hearts into Surgipath EM-400.  The hearts are dropping out or rolling up and the sections are rolling onto themselves, not forming ribbons.  The hearts were given to me in 70% ethanol after sitting in it for an unknown time.

The sections are acting like it's dry outside yet it's rainy.  I don't currently have access to an ice block with Downey in it.

Other than soaking the blocks overnight in water (I'm trying that tonight) are there any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Paula Sicurello
VA Medical Center San Diego
Veterans Medical Research Foundation (VMRF)
Core Microscope Facility, room B141
3350 La Jolla Village Dr., MC151
San Diego, CA 92161
858-552-8585 x2397