[Histonet] IF on cell lines

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Mon Feb 16 15:04:31 CST 2009

I have done a lot of ihc on chamber slides and cells do not come off the
slide, I am not sure if it is the brand of chamber slide used, I do not pick
them the investigator brings them to me, but as I recall they are usually
airdryed, try acetone/ethanol fixation instead of paraformaldehyde they
might stay on better.
Patsy

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech
12635 Montview Blvd. Ste.215
Aurora, CO 80045
720-859-4060
fax 720-859-4110
www.ihctech.net
www.ihcrg.org

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Aprill
Watanabe
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2009 6:14 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] IF on cell lines

I have a colleague who is trying to do IF on cell culture cell lines.  She
is growing them on cell culture treated chamber slides and fixing with 4%
formaldehyde.  Her problem is that after fixation and a few washes all the
cells are detaching.  Any suggestions?  I think she is going to try 4%
paraformaldehyde first as someone has already switching to that.

Aprill Watanabe, B.S.
Research Associate
Integrated Cancer Genomics Division
Tissue Microarray Center (TMA)
Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen)
main: 602-343-8822
Fax: 602-343-8840
awatanabe <@t> tgen.org
www.tgen.org