[Histonet] uncertified techs in Histology

Lee & Peggy Wenk lpwenk <@t> sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 11 21:42:29 CST 2009

Go to www.ascp.org
Click on Laboratory Professional across top
Click on Certification on left
Click on Get Certified on left
Follow the steps for HT or HTL.

Peggy A. Wenk, HTL(ASCP)SLS
Beaumont Hospital
Royal Oak, MI 48037

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Caroline
Miller
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 5:04 PM
To: rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Cc: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu; Tom McNemar
Subject: Re: [Histonet] uncertified techs in Histology

Thank you for an interesting conversation on this matter. I am sorry, I am
sure this issue has come up before, but I am new to the list and therefore
this is the first time I have seen it.

I used to run a clinical lab in the UK 5 years ago (before moving to San
Francisco for a research career) and the National Health service was going
the way of unskilled workers too, although the qualified ones didn't get
nearly as much as they do in the USA, so really, everyone looses!

Question - as a histologist with over 10 years experience who still has her
UK qualifications what do I have to do to be qualified in the USA??

Thanks
Caroline

Caroline Miller
Co-Manager
J David Gladstone Institutes Histology and Microscopy Core 1650 Owens St San
Francisco CA 94158

Tel: 415 734 2566
Fax: 415 355 0824

http://www.gladstone.ucsf.edu/gladstone/site/histology/