[Histonet] uncertified techs in Histology

godsgalnow <@t> aol.com godsgalnow <@t> aol.com
Wed Feb 11 11:49:55 CST 2009

Florida requires all histotechs to be certified.......

Roxanne

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Woody <slappycraw <@t> yahoo.com>
To: rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com; Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu; Steven Coakley <sjchtascp <@t> yahoo.com>
Sent: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 11:09 am
Subject: Re: [Histonet] uncertified techs in Histology

This has been an ongoing issue for so many years in histology, I've always
anted to see a mandatory license in the field but that always starts a
irestorm of controversy. If you have surgery, you certainly want a board
ertified surgeon to do it and same with the Pathologist that looks at the
lides so wouldn't you want a certified tech doing the lab work as well?

arry A. Woody
eattle, Wa.

rom: Rene J Buesa <rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com>
o: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu; Steven Coakley <sjchtascp <@t> yahoo.com>
ent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 7:58:26 AM
ubject: Re: [Histonet] uncertified techs in Histology
A hospital that relies on uncertified techs to do histology work is motivated by
he pursue of costs cuts (you can call it greed!) and shows total disregard for
uality of work and patient care. They may end losing all those savings when
ettling a legal case.
ené J.