[Histonet] uncertified techs in Histology

Pamela Marcum pmarcum <@t> vet.upenn.edu
Wed Feb 11 09:21:52 CST 2009

It is called be cheap and don't pay for training!!  Sorry that is how I see
and ASCP does not seem to care or force the issue for training in histology.

Pamela A Marcum
University of Pennsylvania
School of Veterinary Medicine
Comparative Orthopedic Laboratory (CORL)
382 W Street Rd
Kennett Square PA 19438
610-925-6278

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Steven
Coakley
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 9:56 AM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] uncertified techs in Histology

Any thoughts or experiences with my fellow HT/HTL's(ASCP).  What the big
advantage do all these facilities think there gaining by going with
unregistered techs, especially when theres always ongoing quality issues
when theres so many trained certified HT looking for work?  In my area of
the country I can't believe how many Hospitals go this way.