[Histonet] Flammable storage

Pamela Marcum pmarcum <@t> vet.upenn.edu
Fri Feb 6 13:47:40 CST 2009

You can purchase explosion proof refrigerators and freezers for these items.
They are expensive but worth it if you have a lot to store or if it is
isopentane or other highly explosive solutions.  Any supplier with
laboratory refrigeration should be able to help you.  It is a requirement
for safety in all laboratories according to OSHA if I am not mistaken.

Pamela A Marcum
University of Pennsylvania
School of Veterinary Medicine
Comparative Orthopedic Laboratory (CORL)
382 W Street Rd
Kennett Square PA 19438
610-925-6278

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Webb,
Dorothy L
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2009 2:36 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Flammable storage

How does everyone store any reagents that need refrigeration that are
also flammable? We have always just stored them in the routine histology
refrigerator.  I have never had this concern come up before and the
charge tech of toxicology is now questioning this type of storage.  Any
guidance on this would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks, as always fellow histonetters, the best group in the world!!

Dorothy Webb, HT
Regions Histology Technical Supervisor
651-254-2962
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the individual
responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, please be
advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the
HealthPartners Support Center by telephone at (952) 967-6600. You will be
reimbursed for reasonable costs incurred in notifying us.