[Histonet] Mounting media question

Molinari, Betsy BMolinari <@t> heart.thi.tmc.edu
Wed Feb 4 13:37:13 CST 2009

I use Sakura Tissue Tek Glas mounting media. I can file the next day.
Betsy Molinari HT(ASCP)
-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of LINDA
MARGRAF
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 10:56 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Mounting media question

We will soon be receiving our new Sakura Glas Coverslipper. Can anyone
who is also using this instrument please tell me what type of mounting
media is being used.
We are looking for a fast-drying media that can be used for tissue
slides, non-gyne and gyne slides. We are also looking at long term
storage without fading capability.
Our current mounting media - Surgipath's Micromount used on the older
model Sakura -Glas coverslipper does not dry quickly. Storage and slide
handling issues around this problem.
Thank you,

Karen J Kay, MLT
Pathology Supervisor
Chinook Health Laboratory
Chinook Regional Hospital

</pre>	<span style="font-weight: bold;">Please consider the environment
before printing this e-mail</span><br />

and any files or attachments transmitted with it contains<br />
		information that is confidential and privileged. This
information is intended only for the use of the <br />
		individual(s) and entity(ies) to whom it is addressed.
If you are the intended recipient, further <br />

		disclosures are prohibited without proper authorization.
If you are not the intended recipient, any <br />
		disclosure, copying, printing, or use of this
information is strictly prohibited and possibly a <br />
		violation of federal or state law and regulations. If
you have received this information in error, <br />
		please notify Children's Medical Center Dallas
immediately at 214-456-4444 or via e-mail at <br />
		privacy <@t> childrens.com. Children's Medical Center Dallas
and its affiliates hereby claim all <br />
		applicable privileges related to this
information.</span><br />