[Histonet] (Re)Tissue processor issues

Fye Beth Beth.Fye <@t> HCAhealthcare.com
Wed Feb 4 13:15:52 CST 2009

We have an ASP 300 and have had it for 3 years.  Initially we had a lot of trouble, and it was always breaking the O-rings on the reagent bottles.  We can't remember the exact problem, but think it had something to do with a torque that was to high.
Recently we had problems with pressure intermittently and they replaced valves inside.  Other than that it has been a very reliable processor, and actually processes our tissue the best of all our processors, including a VIP5.

Beth A. Fye, CT (ASCP)
Pathology Technical  Manager
HCA Richmond Hospital Laboratories
office:  (804)228-6564