[Histonet] Bouin's rinsing protocol

Jennifer Anderson janderson <@t> halozyme.com
Mon Feb 2 15:09:46 CST 2009

Hello.

I am looking for information regarding procedures for tissue handling
after Bouin's fixation, prior to processing in a standard automated
tissue processor (VIP).  We are handling pig, mouse, rat, and human
samples, and will fix in Bouin's for 48-72 hrs.  I've been told to rinse
until all yellow is washed out, and people generally rinse in 70%
alcohol or water.  Sometimes it take days to wash all of the picric acid
out.

Thank you so much for your wealth of information!

Jennifer M. Anderson, Scientist

Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc.

11404 Sorrento Valley Road

San Diego, CA 92121