[Histonet] 2x3 microtomy: Adapter vs Sliding Microtome

Anne van Binsbergen annigyg <@t> gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 02:52:21 CST 2009

i  spent many many years handling  pig, mouse and human brain, cutting
sections on 2x3 slides.

the trick is to use the tap water float out before the warm water, also to
cut sections thicker than normal - cut at 10-15 and maybe even 20 microns -
trouble is at that thickness AND it being animal tissue, the sections wash
off in a flash - unless you use adhesive and cook the sections on to the
slides gently at 32C for at least overnight

i have some 20micron silver stained cerebellum on 2x3 slides here with me
right now, 20 years later they are still good as new!!

good luck
Annie

--
Anne van Binsbergen (Hope)