[Histonet] Staffing for IHC

Sebree Linda A LSebree <@t> uwhealth.org
Thu Dec 17 12:02:56 CST 2009

Your " I think this is a high volume for only two people" is an
understatement!  We have two techs also and cut/stain anywhere from 20 -
150 slides/day on a 7:30 - 4 pm shift and there are times when we're
pulling our hair out.   Your techs must be completely over the edge; get
them some help.

Linda A. Sebree
University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
IHC/ISH Laboratory
DB1-223 VAH
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792
(608)265-6596

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Angela
Bitting
Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2009 11:42 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Staffing for IHC

I'm hoping some of the larger hospitals out there will share their data
with me. I'm curious as to how labs are staffed for doing IF/IHC/CISH.
A small portion of our staining protocols still require pretreatment by
hand, but we run instruments that do the pretreatments on board for the
majority of our stains. We have 2 IHC techs, 1 on 1st shift and 1 on 3rd
shift.Together they are cutting and staining between 200-350 slides per
day. I think this is a high volume for only two people. What do you all
think?

IMPORTANT WARNING: The information in this message (and the documents
attached to it, if any) is confidential and may be legally privileged.
It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by
anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken, or omitted to be
taken, in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have
received this message in error, please delete all electronic copies of
this message (and the documents attached to it, if any), destroy any
hard copies you may have created and notify me immediately by replying
to this email. Thank you.