[Histonet] Staffing for IHC

Pat Laurie foreightl <@t> gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 12:02:19 CST 2009

Angela,

We do about the same number of IHC slides.  We run primarily Ventana
machines (one of the main benefits are reduced tech time) and are expanding
into the intellipath.  Our IHC department is relatively large, we have
dedicated 1 person for leading and development, one person on both 1st and
2nd shift running the IHC as well as 1 person who will assist as needed on
both shifts.  Our IF and ISH are done on a seperate bench.  We still have
days where our IHC bench is overwhelmed even with as many people as we
have.  It seems that IHC volume per case in all institutions is going up as
more tests are being developed.

Patrick Laurie HT(ASCP)QIHC

Histology Supervisor

CellNetix Pathology & Laboratories