[Histonet] Blade Dispenser Thingy

Bonner, Janet Janet.Bonner <@t> FLHOSP.ORG
Tue Dec 15 12:51:23 CST 2009

I keep the dispenser in a small plastic bag that seals along with the desiccant packages they put in the original box with the blades, (and any other desiccant packages I can find - from coverslips, inks etc.)  As long as you keep the blades sealed with the desiccant, you shouldn't have anymore problems.  This works really well in the cryostat chamber, too!

Janet

________________________________

From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu on behalf of Breeden, Sara
Sent: Tue 12/15/2009 9:52 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Blade Dispenser Thingy

I have Feather dispensers with blades that I have to pry out, which is
probably not a good thing.  I've tried freezing the dispenser, putting
it in an oven for a while and whacking the darned thing on the floor
(not necessarily all at the same time..).  Have we had this discussion
before and have we solved this problem?  Help?

Sally Breeden, HT(ASCP)

NM Dept. of Agriculture

Veterinary Diagnostic Services

PO Box 4700

Albuquerque, NM  87106

505-841-2576

The information contained in this message may be privileged and/or confidential
and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this
message and deleting the material from any computer.